Call to Photographers VisitNebraska.com/media/press/call-to-photographers
FOR INFORMATION, CONTACT: Kim Einspahr | Hildegard Center for the Arts
(402) 488-0678 firstname.lastname@example.org
Nebraska Tourism Commission, in partnership with Hildegard Center for the Arts and the Nebraska State Historical Society, is sponsoring a statewide “Call to Photographers” for the great state of Nebraska. The Call runs June 1, 2015 through January 4, 2016 and is titled “Bridges: Sharing our Past to Enrich the Future ”. Photographers throughout Nebraska are being called to highlight historic places and often over-looked historical treasures in all of the State’s 93 counties ~ historical sites either found on the National Register of Historic Places OR places of community/personal significance to the photographer. i.e. historic properties, recognized historical landmarks, cultural activities/events with a basis in local history and in context with a historic place, or historic buildings that are representative or unique. From Adams to Antelope, Banner to Butler, Garden to Gage, Scottsbluff to Sheridan, and Dundy to Douglas, this juried exhibition is serving as a bridge to connect Nebraskans with their culture and heritage.
Photographs selected from this juried exhibition:
- Will be featured in a statewide traveling photography exhibit that coincides with Nebraska’s sesquicentennial in 2017
- May appear in Nebraska Tourism travel guides, posters and calendars to promote this project and the State of Nebraska Will be showcased in a digital catalogue
- All submitted photos will be featured virtually on partnering websites. (Nebraska Tourism Commission, Hildegard Center for the Arts, Nebraska State Historical Society)
Photographs can be submitted online at the Hildegard Center for the Arts website, www.hildegardcenter.org, beginning June 1, 2015 through January 4, 2016.
- Entrants must be at least 15 years of age and need NOT be residents of Nebraska.
- Photographers from government agencies are allowed to submit photos; agencies must be identified with photographer’s name
- Photographers may enter up to 5 images per submission for a non-refundable fee of $15. Multiple submissions are allowed.
- For a complete list of entry rules and judging criteria, go to www.hildegardcenter.org.
Questions: Contact Project Chair, Cathy Harrington | 402.730.6668 email@example.com.